Edmonton Regional Heritage Fair
The Edmonton Regional Heritage Fair gives an opportunity for students from Grades 4 through 9 to research, write, and present projects on a topic in Canada's history, geography, culture, or heritage. These projects are initially shown in their schools and the best are chosen to present at the Edmonton Regional Heritage Fair.
On the day of the fair, as a demonstration of learning, students exhibit and explain their projects to judges from the community. The judges score the projects and those that receive a score above 85 are awarded special recognition of this achievement on their certificates of participation.
Please register as a volunteer for the fair here.
Following is a description of the volunteer position:
- Number of Positions: 100
- Time Commitment: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Date: Saturday, May 4, 2019
- Location: Prince of Wales Armouries (10440 108 Avenue NW Edmonton T5H 3Z9)
Description of Position:
- By volunteering in this position, you will give the students an audience to demonstrate their knowledge. You provide key feedback in this celebration of the work the students have done.
- Attend volunteer training breakfast
- Listen to at least 3 assigned presentations from students
- Engage with students: ask questions about their topic, research, what they learned, etc.
- Provide positive and constructive written feedback to students
- Provide a grade based on criteria to be provided
- Fill out an event evaluation at the end so we can make next year's event even better
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Interest in helping students grow and fostering their interest in the past
- Excited about history
If you have any questions about volunteering, please contact Meredith Mantooth at email@example.com and check out our website: http://www.edmontonheritagefair.org/.
Skills Alberta Public Speaking Competition
Skills Alberta is looking for at least three judges for each day with experience in public speaking, speech, or debate.
Please let us know of your availability if interested (Day 1 or Day 2):
Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2019
Time: 11:45 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Location: Northlands Agricom (7515 118 AvebueNW Edmonton T5B 0J2)
Date: Thursday, May 9, 2019
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Location: Northlands Agricom (7515 118 Ave NW Edmonton T5B 0J2)
To apply, please send your resume/CV to Charity Slobod at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will then forward your information to the organizers.