Research Zone | Science Communication Fellowship
Are you a scientist or STEM professional looking to share your research with the public? Become a TELUS World of Science Edmonton (TWOSE) Science Communication Fellow. Participate in a science communication course focused on developing tools for communicating scientific concepts to the public. Over the course of the workshops, participants develop a unique, hands-on activity representing their own work. Following completion of the course, Fellows receive a certificate acknowledging their training.
Who can participate? TWOSE Science Communication Fellows are industry or academic researchers or science professionals,including faculty, graduate students, technicians, or other individuals in science, health, engineering or technology related positions.
- Communication training and opportunities to engage with TWOSE visitors.
- Development of hands-on, educational activities that can be used in educational settings outside of TWOSE.
- Official TWOSE Science Communication Fellowship certificate.
- Networking opportunities with local, like-minded scientists committed to public outreach.
- Build skills that will enhance future professional presentations.
The Details: Saturdays, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. March 10-24 & April 7. Last session is on April 14, 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. Deadline to apply is February 21, 2018. To successfully complete the Fellows program, you must commit to attending the sessions and developing a hands-on activity.
For more information or to apply, please contact Marie McConnell, Staff Scientist, at email@example.com.