The Three Minute Thesis (3MT) is an academic competition that assists current graduate students with fostering effective presentations and communication skills. Participants have just three minutes to explain the breadth and significance of their research project to a non-specialist audience.
3MT™ was developed by The University of Queensland (UQ) in 2008, and 3MT competitions are now held in over 600 universities and institutions across 65 countries worldwide. For more information on the history and mission of 3MT,visit the official 3MT website.
- 6 Components of Successful 3MT Speeches. Short YouTube video summarizing what to include in your 3MT.
- How to Tell your 3MT Story. By Jackie Amsden. It’s not about you – it’s about your audience.
- How to Create Professional Powerpoint Presentation Slides. A video guide with 7 Tips on How to Create Profesional Powerpoint Presentation slides.
- 3MT Training Session. By The University of Waterloo. A hour long coaching session demonstrating how to prepare an impactful presentation.
- How to talk about your thesis in 3 minutes. By Inger Mewburn. An engaging presentation on points to consider when putting together your 3MT™ talk.