In this online course you will lay the foundation for your Individual Development Plan (IDP). You will take time to reflect on what you like doing, what you hope to create, who you hope to inspire, and how you want to contribute to social issues you care about (IDP: Step 1--Ideas Generation). Through guided reflection you will begin to evaluate the technical, transferable, and personal skills you bring to the workplace (DIP: Step 2--Self-Assessment). Finally, you will consider career related values and personal definition of career success.These activities will prepare you to research three possible career paths (IDP: Step 2--Career Exploration).
PD Credit: 1.5 hours
Intended Learning Outcomes:
- Identify with a broad view of "career"
- Reflect on your experience and attributes
- Begin the self-assessment process by mapping experiences with your values, skills, and competencies
- Distinguish between your work preferences and values
- Define what career success means to you
- Craft a personal values statement
Students who have taken the virtual workshop Part 2:Getting Your IDP Started: Exploring Career Values and Success cannot use this online course for their professional development hours.