Also a workshop style session, in Part 3, students will share their experiences around researching their three career paths and completing the skills gap analysis and timeline. Please RSVP early as these sessions fill up quickly.
Students will gain insight answering the following questions: What was straightforward? What was difficult? How did they pursue their research? Did they speak to anyone or contact people about potential career paths? Was the skills gap analysis challenging? Did the timeline provide insight into how they need to manage their time and program? Did it reveal things that they didn’t know about themselves—e.g. skills and competencies they bring to the workplace or areas for development that they didn’t realize were needed.
They will then determine next steps based on their skills gap analysis and career interests: do they need to take a course/workshop, pursue a mentorship program, get on a committee or set up an appointment to speak with their supervisor? Finally, students will review their timeline and consider whether adjustments need to be made.
Students are required to bring their completed IDP for peer feedback.
- Wednesday, October 9, 2019 | 12:00 p.m. - 12:50 p.m. | Triffo Hall 1-16
- Thursday, November 21, 2019 | 2:30 p.m. - 3:20 p.m. | Triffo Hall 1-16
- Wednesday, February 12, 2020 | 9:00 a.m. - 9:50 a.m. | Triffo Hall 1-16
- Thursday, March 26, 2020 | 2:30 p.m. - 3:20 p.m. | Triffo Hall 1-16
- Tuesday, May 26, 2020 | 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. | Triffo Hall 1-16
This workshop may be used towards the Professional Development (PD) Requirement. All professional development sessions or activities must be approved by your department.