The Graduate Student Internship Program (GSIP) provides opportunities for UAlberta graduate students to gain valuable work experience through paid, meaningful internships in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors. GSIP is not a co-op program.
Benefits for the student
- Strengthen transferable skills including communication, creativity, critical thinking and collaboration
- Build your resume
- Gain practical experience in professional activities including program development, community engagement, project management, strategic planning and policy development
- Apply your academic learning to opportunities and challenges outside of academia
- See and experience the connection between your skills and the range of potential careers
- Connect with organizations and employers in complementary fields
- Maintain balance through flexible hours so you can continue your graduate student journey
Acing Your GSIP Application
Learn the tips and tricks to secure a job interview. GSIP staff will share insights on what motivates employers to select candidates for interviews, and for jobs. Spend some time with us, and avoid wasting your time on resumes and cover letters that don't get you to the next step in the hiring process.
When: 12 p.m. – 1 p.m., Thursday, April 26, 2018
Where: University of Alberta Career Centre, 2-100 Students’ Union Building (second floor)
If you have any questions or require more information, please contact GSIP Career Advisor: