Application deadlines for international students are set by the department delivering the program. Deadlines may be as early as 12 months before the program begins.
Applicants should contact the department well in advance because:
- department deadlines are often tied to funding and award consideration, and
- international applicants generally need plenty of time (up to six months in some cases) to make arrangements to enter Canada.
If a Study Permit is Required
Departments must submit completed international applications — including all documentation — to the FGSR by the following dates:
- July 1 for September admission
- November 1 for January admission
- March 1 for May admission
- May 1 for July admission
To learn how to obtain a study permit, click here.