After completing the event booking form, your request is forward to a member, or designate in a senior administrative role, for review and signature. The event will still be reviewed by the ECHA Administration Office to determine if it complies with the vision of ECHA, audience, etc.
Priority for event bookings is given to scholarly / research / collaboration / interdisciplinary activities.
If space is being requested outside a classroom/lecture theatre/hallway on the lower levels, a copy of the ‘Event Confirmation’ from Central Booking is to be included with the request.
The following are examples that will be permitted regardless of the date/time:
- High priority requests such as those from the UofA senior administration
- Research and other media announcements
- Research and interdisciplinary collaboration events
- Seasonal gatherings (ie., Christmas/holiday celebrations) and department/faculty team building activities where the hosting department extends an invitation to all occupants/departments on the administrative level is extended in keeping with the interdisciplinary vision
- Group photos
Events that would be declined during administrative hours are:
Requests must be received a minimum 15 working days prior to the event.
- Poster presentations or other academic events involving learners of any level
- Retirement, awards and other such events, including pin ceremonies and memorials
- Welcome back / end of year events
- Requests for events from learners of any level, including student groups on the administrative levels, would be declined. Requests would be considered with conditions of use.