The Precision Health initiative aims to connect the collective strengths of the health sciences faculties in basic and health-related sciences, programs and infrastructures to develop a platform that focuses education and training on select areas relevant to the needs of the public and the health-system. This is achieved by:
- aligning with provincial efforts to develop a precision health training and workforce strategy for Alberta
- collaborate with the health sciences faculties to create a research training program that supports interdisciplinary research projects/trainees that are focused on Precision Health
- work with the health sciences faculties to:
- identify existing and emerging curriculum, academic programming, and education initiatives aimed at developing the present and future health workforce that is prepared for health care delivery founded on an understanding of molecular medicine/population health, and practiced as precision health care.
- identify existing and emerging curriculum, academic programming, and education initiatives aimed at developing the present and future workforce for academia/ industry that is prepared for scientific discovery in the new biomedical of PH.
- work with health sciences faculties to develop new Precision Health educational programming in the above 2 areas