EXTENDED APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR 2019 ADMISSION IS 4:30pm JANUARY 28, 2019
New Online Application Update: The Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research has developed a new online Graduate Application system. Step by step instructions on the application process can be found on the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research website.
As you are able to begin you application, save it and submit it at a later date, you are strongly encouraged to begin the process early. It is recommended that you declare your referee contact information immediately to allow sufficient time for the referee to respond by the application deadline.
We suggest that you select referees who have the best possible knowledge of your academic work, ideally in a face-to-face setting and on subjects related to your proposed graduate work.
Submission of Documents
In addition to the completed online form, a number of supporting documents must be uploaded via the online application portal. The required supporting documents that will need to be uploaded are as follows:
- An unofficial transcript (copy of official transcript) must be uploaded into the online submission. Upon an offer of admission, two official or certified true copies of all academic transcripts (including, when the issuing language is not English, two copies of a certified literal English translation) will need to be sent to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research. NOTE: Transcripts, with final grades, for a term in progress at the time of application should be uploaded into the application as soon as they become available
- Three letters of recommendation (You will be asked to provide contact information within the online application). The referees will be contacted by the University, asking them to upload their references.
- Statement of Purpose. You will be asked to upload a one-page statement of purpose, addressing the specific area of History, Classics, or Ancient Societies and Cultures that you wish to study/investigate.
- English Language Proficiency test scores, if applicable. Scores will need to be entered by you into the online application. Original, official documents will need to be sent directly from the examining body to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research.
- PhD applicants only – Sample of recent written work such as MA thesis or part thereof, course essay, or published article will need to be uploaded. Please do not email or mail paper copies.
Note: Attachments are only accepted in Adobe Acrobat PDF format and must be uploaded into the ApplyGrad online system.
If you wish to be considered for Departmental funding or a University recruitment scholarship, we urge early application and direct your attention to the links Financial Assistance-Teaching and Research Assistantships and Financial Assistance-FGSR Recruitment Scholarships.
Applicants registered in full-year courses are advised to obtain from their professors some indication of their standing and expected performance as of December. The Department will not consider an application until all supporting documents are received; thus, applicants are strongly advised to make arrangements for academic transcripts and letters of reference long in advance of the deadline.