Have you ever wanted to study abroad in Italy and Greece? For the summer of 2014, the Ancient and Medieval Studies Summer School can offer generous grants to eligible students for courses in Italy and Greece:
- two archaeological field schools (*6 each)
All courses are upper-level undergraduate (300/400) CLASS or HIST courses; the field schools can also be taken as a graduate course.
All eligible students accepted into one or more of the courses will receive a grant determined by the number of courses they take:
$750 for one dig
$1250 for both Italy and Greece
Apply directly to the course or courses you want to take (each course has its own application form). Upon acceptance, you will receive an information package from each course. You will be sent a grant application by the Department of History and Classics in the spring.
- Residents of Alberta - An Albertan resident is defined as any person who has lived in Alberta for a year or more while not a student.
- Full time UofA students (not a resident) To receive the grant you must be an eligible student taking the course(s) for credit towards your degree.
List of Eligible Courses:
- Classics 475/476 (undergrad) or 601/602 (graduate level). Greece Archaeological Field School. May 22 – June 12. *6
- Classics 475/476 (undergrad) or 601/602 (graduate level). Italy Archaeological Field School. June 13 - July 1. *6