HR Integrated Client Services provide strategic human resource consultation, advice and services to a portfolio of faculties, departments and administrative units. Drawing on a comprehensive knowledge of human resources, HR Partners work closely with supervisors, managers, senior leaders and staff to help clients use best practices to achieve their strategic and operational goals, while managing risk to the institution. Acting as the first point of contact, the HR Partner facilitates and collaborates with specialist resources to address more complex client needs. They work closely with HR assistants/advisors and the local units toward building an integrated service team. HR Partners build and maintain effective relationships with staff associations (NASA and AASUA).
Focusing on the specific requirements and objectives of the client unit, HR Partners plan, deliver, facilitate and manage a broad range of HR services, including:
- Administration and interpretation on the application of the NASA Collective Agreement and APO, TAPS, TRAS and Librarian Staff Agreements
- Interpretation and application of legislation, policies and employment best practices related to NASA, APO, TAPS, TRAS and Librarian staff
- Progressive performance and discipline management
- Resolving conflicts, grievances, appeals and complaints that involve NASA staff, grievance and appeals that involve APO, TAPS, TRAS and Librarian staff.
- Employee relations and issues management
- Staff and organizational change/development
- Implementation of HR policies, procedures and agreements
- Recruitment, selection and retention strategies
- Customized HR training
- Manager/supervisor mentorship