Immigration Services provides consultative advisory services to senior leaders, faculties/administrative units, staff, and non-Canadian residents on immigration matters.
Before inviting a foreign national to campus, please seek advice from a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) in Immigration Services - Compensation, Talent Acquisition, and Workforce Planning.
- facilitate the entry of foreign nationals into Canada, including LMIA positions, visitors under International Mobility Program, and exempt visitors
- resolve immigration-related issues for foreign academic staff, potential academic staff, and visitors to campus
- consult with individual foreign nationals regarding immigration status and requirements
Developing and Implementing Procedures and Processes
- enhance compliance and manage risk around immigration legislation and various programs, such as the Temporary Foreign Worker Program and the International Mobility Program
- lead projects to improve efficiencies and immigration systems to facilitate practical, expeditious service
Community Education and Training
- provide individuals with education and training regarding immigration-related legislation
- develop and deliver individual and group training for full-time, academic, high-skilled foreign nationals seeking Canadian permanent residence