Immigration Services provides consultative advisory services to senior leaders, faculties/administrative units, staff, and non-Canadian residents on immigration matters.

Before inviting a foreign national to campus, please seek advice from a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) in Human Resource Services.

Immigration Services

  • facilitate the entry of foreign nationals into Canada, including LMIA positions, visitors under International Mobility Program, and exempt visitors
  • resolve immigration-related issues for foreign academic staff, potential academic staff, and visitors to campus
  • consult with individual foreign nationals regarding immigration status and requirements


Developing and Implementing Procedures and Processes

  • enhance compliance and manage risk around immigration legislation and various programs, such as the Temporary Foreign Worker Program and the International Mobility Program
  • lead projects to improve efficiencies and immigration systems to facilitate practical, expeditious service

Community Education and Training

  • provide individuals with education and training regarding immigration-related legislation
  • develop and deliver individual and group training for full-time, academic, high-skilled foreign nationals seeking Canadian permanent residence

Immigration News

The information provided on this website is for reference only and is subject to change. Before you invite a foreign national to campus, it is recommended that you seek advice from Immigration Services, Human Resource Services.