Correcting or Cancelling an Offer of Employment

If you need to cancel or make changes to the conditions (such as duration of stay, wages, errors in name, passport, etc.) upon inviting a foreign national exempt from an LMIA, please email Immigration Services with the following information:

  1. In the subject heading state: WITHDRAWAL OF OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT and REQUEST REFUND.
  2. Provide the foreign national's full name, the host department and indicate if you are requesting a re-assessment to be done or cancelling.
  3. Provide your contact information.

Immigration Services will:

  1. Request a withdrawal of the OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT and request a refund from Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on your behalf.
  2. Change the status of your Foreign Visitor Category Assessment (FVCA) in the Immigration Management System to "incomplete"(if you are requesting a re-assessment).

    Once you see this change of status in the Immigration Management System, please review the existing information, make any necessary changes, save and re-submit the request by clicking "submit to HRS". Immigration Services will then re-submit the offer of employment on-line through IRCC's Employer Portal and provide you with the necessary immigration documents.