Interim Staffing Solutions (ISS) is a temporary staffing program offered by Talent Acquisition, with Human Resource Services, that supports all units at the University of Alberta (U of A). The purpose of ISS is to provide ready to work or readily available employees to help support your temporary office needs when it comes to vacation coverages, illnesses, resignations, peak periods, or special projects for a nominal fee. ISS employees have skills ready to take on roles such as: Administrative and Executive Assistants, Receptionists, File Clerks, Medical Office Support, Financial Assistants, Special Event Assistants, Data Entry and General Office Clerks.
ISS has been providing exceptional temporary staffing solutions to the university community for over 25 years. We accommodate assignment lengths that vary from a few hours to approximately a year, with opportunities for full-time or part-time placements. The advantages of using the ISS program include:
- Recruitment Services completes the full recruitment cycle (shortlisting, interviewing, reference checking, proficiency testing (MS Office and typing), and onboarding).
- ISS employees are U of A employees, therefore, they will have a CCID and an Employee ID prior to coming to your area.
- Many ISS employees are PeopleSoft trained and come with U of A experience.
- Recruitment Services offers ISS employees an annual training fund for job-related courses to enhance their skills and abilities.
- Administration and payroll processing is handled by Recruitment Services for every assignment.
- Recruitment Services is accountable for the performance management of all ISS employees.
- The nominal fee of ISS is significantly less than external agencies (fees include: statutory deductions, vacation pay, eligible sick time, and access to the Employee and Family Assistance Program).
To request an Interim Staffing Solutions (ISS) employee for an assignment, please complete a Request for Support Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from Recruitment Services will respond shortly.