Article 1.16 - Administrative and Professional Officer Agreement
“Staff member” and “APO” means an Administrative Professional Officer (APO) who has been designated as continuing academic staff by the University of Alberta. An APO is a manager or other professional who provides leadership, strategic advice and direction in the organization; and is accountable for planning, negotiating, problem solving, risk assessment and prevention, and/or operational oversight of resources. An APO shall normally require an academic degree; professional designation or equivalent related experience.
- The Position Description is forwarded to Job Design and Evaluation in pdf format. Positions can be forwarded directly to your Consultant or to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Consultant assigned to the department then initiates the evaluation process.
- The Consultant will contact the supervisor and may contact the incumbent, if applicable, for any clarification or additional information that may be required.
- The Consultant completes the evaluation process based on the content of the position description, the information collected from the supervisor and/or the incumbent, the organizational structure and context in which the work is done, and comparator positions on campus. Taking all of the above information into consideration, a score is assessed for each of the three evaluation factors of the Hay Plan.
- All evaluations are reviewed by a Peer Consultant to ensure appropriate decisions are made and internal equity is maintained.
- The supervisor is notified in writing, of the evaluation decision with a copy to the incumbent, if applicable.