Student Recruiters perform a variety of somewhat complex activities performed within a number of standard procedures and policies. Decisions involve selection of the appropriate procedures/techniques to follow among several standard alternatives.
Duties of a Student Recruiter may include, but are not limited to:
- Contributing to the development and implementation of new recruitment initiatives and recruitment schedules/plans
- Developing presentations and communication materials
- Organizing and representing the Faculty/University at recruitment events including open houses, information events, teacher conventions, high school career days, student orientation programs, counselor workshops, etc.
- Advising prospective students on administrative and academic matters, including admission requirements, program selection, and course registration
- Contributing to the development and implementation of student retention and engagement strategies and initiatives
- Coordinating campus visits for prospective students and families and providing information about the University and Faculty services and student life
- Traveling extensively to high schools, colleges, universities and special events
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with identified stakeholders, including high schools, colleges/universities, and international contacts
- Promoting the University/Faculty via electronic recruitment initiatives, including websites and social media networks
- Regularly reporting on the status of recruitment initiatives
- May supervise casual staff and/or volunteers
- Generating and maintaining statistics and tracking admissions and registrations to measure recruitment outcomes in relation to recruitment strategy
- Assisting in developing and monitoring the recruitment budget
- Liaising with other university departments such as the Registrar’s Office, the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research, and University of Alberta International to ensure compliance with university policies and procedures and coordination of efforts
Note: When assessing the level of positions, the following elements are taken into consideration: the work described; the context in which the work is done; the organizational structure; and comparable positions on campus.
Sample – Prospective Student Advisor and Recruitment Coordinator – Position #14171 (Grade 8)
Sample – Recruitment Advisor – Position #15138 (Grade 8)