Administrative Supervisors/Leads perform and/or oversee a wide variety of somewhat complex activities performed within a number of standard procedures and policies. Decisions involve selection of the appropriate procedures/techniques to follow among several standard alternatives. These roles often include lead hand or full supervision of administrative support staff.
Duties of an Administrative Supervisor/Lead may include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising and coordinating staff including recruiting, selecting, training, and monitoring work; mediating/resolving staff issues and conducting performance reviews
- Monitoring unit activities and workloads and allocating work
- Participating in strategic planning for the operational activities of an area
- Developing and implementing administrative systems and processes
- Leading and/or participating in the development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Overseeing financial and human resource activities
- Organizing and leading special event planning including conferences and workshops
- Assisting with or leading marketing and communications plans
Note: When assessing the level of positions, the following elements are taken into consideration: the work described; the context in which the work is done; the organizational structure; and comparable positions on campus.