Finance Assistants perform a variety of routine tasks within clearly defined procedures. Decisions are made regarding the set-up, sequencing and priority of tasks.
Duties of a Finance Assistant may include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing monthly statements for outstanding invoices and credits
- Processing Journal Vouchers and Indents
- Coordinating purchasing including preparing purchase orders
- Processing invoices and entering data for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable
- Processing travel & expense claims
- Verifying and reconciling credit card expenses
- Reconciling accounts (Operating/Trust) including investigating discrepancies and monitoring over expenditures
- Providing General Ledger, revenue and expenditure reports and transaction details to unit supervisors
- Processing fee receipts and deposits
- Administering and maintaining petty cash
- Creating and maintaining financial records/files
Note: When assessing the level of positions, the following elements are taken into consideration: the work described; the context in which the work is done; the organizational structure; and comparable positions on campus.