Finance Lead/Supervisors perform and/or oversee a wide variety of somewhat complex activities performed within a number of standard procedures and policies. Decisions involve selection of the appropriate procedures/techniques to follow among several standard alternatives. These roles often include lead hand or full supervision of staff.
Duties of a Finance Lead/Supervisor may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating budget planning, including forecasting and analysis
- Providing financial administration for major contracts
- Developing consistent and effective financial management systems and processes
- Recommending strategies and proposals regarding budget reallocations and redistribution of permanent and temporary resources
- Advising on appropriate management of trust funds and endowments
- Ensuring that all processes adhere to the university's policies and procedures, and recommendations stipulated by internal and external auditors
- Designing financial queries, reporting tools, and analytical methods for reporting
- Providing explanations and variance analysis of financial anomalies to management and/or stakeholders
- Investigating and resolving discrepancies between account transactions and account balances
- Preparing year-end financial reports and budget changes for fiscal year-end
- Overseeing processing of transactions
- Supervising staff
Note: When assessing the level of positions, the following elements are taken into consideration: the work described; the context in which the work is done; the organizational structure; and comparable positions on campus.