Working within general direction and guidance from the Principal Investigator, Senior Research Coordinator/Leads perform and/or oversee moderately diversified and complex activities within assigned objectives. Decisions made are exceptions to standard practice and exceptions require in-depth analysis. These roles may include lead hand or full supervision of research support staff.
Duties of a Senior Research Coordinator/ Lead may include, but are not limited to:
- Managing projects and initiatives
- Reviewing, determining, and negotiating study budgets
- Designing and developing study protocols
- Conducting and leading research activities
- Developing and implementing quality assurance procedures
- Overseeing preparation of submissions to the Research Ethics Review Board
- Developing and submitting grant applications
- Supervising data management processes
- Developing a comprehensive evaluation framework
- Creating and presenting reports, summaries and publications
- Liaising with research partners, industry, government and granting agencies
- Identifying and leading consultations and collaborations with key stakeholders
- Supervising/leading research support staff and providing direction and training to graduate students
Note: When assessing the level of positions, the following elements are taken into consideration: the work described; the context in which the work is done; the organizational structure; and comparable positions on campus.