Duties/activities of a Trust Administrator 1 involve providing leadership for the day-to-day operations of research projects or a small centre or institute, which includes recruitment of staff and managing resources and processes.
Duties of a Trust Administrator 1 may include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the strategic planning process for the short- and long-term success of the project/centre/institute
- Providing financial management including the oversight and control of research project funds to ensure optimum use of financial resources
- Making decisions on the acquisition of resources and manages issues related to facility and space allocation
- Providing human resources management, which may include the supervision of a small number of support staff, and liaising with centralized Human Resource Services
- Advising on the application of the university’s policies and procedures, including research administration, contract management, risk management, etc.
- Building and maintaining relationships with external and internal networks and partners, including collaborators, funding agencies, suppliers, etc.
- Participating in the preparation and submission of grant applications and reports and ensuring timelines/deliverables are met
- Overseeing communications/marketing activities
Note: When assessing the level of positions, the following elements are taken into consideration: the work described; the context in which the work is done; the organizational structure; and comparable positions on campus.
Sample - Research Project Manager (Dept. of Nephrology, FoMD)
Sample - Executive Director, CBEEDAC (Dept. of Economics, Faculty of Arts)