Off cycle payments, or “off cycles”, occur when payments are processed outside of the regular payroll cycle. Off cycles will be processed two business days after each pay date, which positions payroll to react in a timely manner to inquiries of incorrect pay that employees just received.
It is appropriate to request an off cycle payment in certain circumstances, for example if:
- an employee has come to you and they believe they have not been paid correctly,
- an employee has not received any pay or
- an employee has not entered their time worked for the current pay period.
The off cycle payroll run is not a mechanism to process payments that did not meet the pay period deadlines.
Requesting an Off Cycle Payment
- Complete an Off Cycle Payment Request form and attach relevant supporting documents.
- Submit the form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00 a.m. the morning of the off cycle deadline. Off cycle deadlines can be found on the Payroll Dates Calendar or on the Pay Period Schedules web page. Requests for off cycle payments received later than than 9:00 a.m. will not be approved.
Please note that approval of off cycle requests and associated fees are at the discretion of the Manager, Payroll & Benefits, Human Resource Services.