- A Visiting Speaker may be a guest lecturer, guest speaker or seminar leader/consultant whose engagement is normally for less than six weeks.
- Individuals may be Residents or Non-Residents of Canada.
Paying a Visiting Speaker/Lecturer
- Payments to Visiting Speakers/Lecturers are coded as honorariums.
- If a Non-Resident is receiving payment for an honorarium, and is in the country for five or more days, Payroll Operations requires a copy of the "Employment Authorization".
- Non-Residents may request a tax waiver through the Canada Revenue Agency.
The following provide instructions and the forms required.
What do you want to do?
Forward the applicable Visiting Speaker form to Payroll Operations, 2-60 University Terrace. Payments will be processed according to the monthly pay schedule.
Honorarium Payment (Canadian Funds)
Honorarium Payment (US Funds)
Honorarium Payment (Foreign Currencies)