The first three months can pass quickly. Ensure to invest the time and meet with the new employee to listen to their feedback, reinforce learnings and encourage them to make the most of their employment by exploring everything the UofA offers.
Continue Performance Development
- Review the onboarding process with employee – is it effective?
- Ensure the necessary training is complete
- Continue providing regular feedback
- Revisit work rules and standards
- Schedule Performance appraisal meeting as appropriate
Encourage Citizenship and Exploration of UofA Culture and Opportunities
- Direct employee to UAPPOL
- Review University structure, committees, councils, their function and structure
- Assist in building learning and development plan – direct employee to the Learning and Development pages on the HRS website.