Lorraine Cook, Vimala Kamalodeen, MMIRA Caribbean Chapter - An Introduction to Mixed Methods Case Study Research
September 25, 2019 at 9am MDT (11am EDT)
Mixed methods case study research provides tools for researchers to study complex phenomena within their contexts. This webinar will provide an introduction to mixed methods case study research. Participants will explore how core mixed methods designs are used with a single or multiple case study design. We will examine the definition for MMCSR, the purposes of doing MMCSR, and the tensions of combining methodologies.
We will look at two exemplars of MMCSR. The following criteria will guide the examination of these examples:
· the position of the two methodologies within the overall design framework
· consider how the researchers defined the case
· how the MMR is used to enhance the researchers’ understanding of the case.
What individuals can learn/take away from this webinar
1. Determining a case (a unit of analysis)
2. Using mixed methods case study designs as one way to address the understanding of complex problems.
3. Selecting an approach to mixing case study with core mixed methods designs.
4. Addressing methodological concerns in complex mixed-methods case study designs.
5. Justifying doing mixed-methods case study design.
Cheryl Poth, Elizabeth Creamer, & Kathy Collins - Teaching Mixed Methods Research
October 16, 2019 at 9:00am MDT (11:00am EDT)
Peggy Shannon Baker - Launching the MOOC, an On-line Series of Modules
November 12, 2019 at 1:00pm MST (3:00pm EST)
Hisako Kakai & Dr. Tomoki Kamei - How to Evaluate Mixed Methods
December 18, 2019 at 6:00pm MST (8:00pm EST)