Do you belong to a registered student group at UAlberta? Are you planning an event that will make a positive contribution to the international dimension of the campus community?
Apply for support from the International Activity Fund (IAF) for Student Groups.
Established and managed by University of Alberta International, the IAF encourages student leadership through the development and facilitation of events that promote an international dimension on campus.
Student groups can earn a grant for 50% of the cost of their event, up to a maximum $1500.
- Activities must be organized by a formally registered University of Alberta student group.
- Any activity which contributes to the international dimension on campus and is organized solely by students will be considered for funding.
- An activity is any one-time event, whether it be over the course of several days or a few hours. On-going initiatives or re-occurring events are not eligible for this fund.
- The fund must be used for the purpose of executing the event.
- Funded events must be open to all U of A students.
- Preference will be given to events that have active components for, and build connections between, domestic and international students.
- Student groups may receive an IAF grant only once per academic year (ie. recipients in the Fall adjudication are ineligible for the Winter adjudication).
Sample events may include:
Events which profile the cultures of a particular community.
- Events which incorporate factors of intercultural learning or cross-cultural training.
- Events with a focus on critical issues facing the globe.
- Events which serve to build connections between domestic and international students.
Applications are now being accepted for any events held between December 21, 2016 and September 2017.
Student groups must apply for funding before the proposed event and events must occur after the indicated adjudication date; retroactive funding will not be provided to events that have already taken place.
Application deadline: 4:00 PM, Friday, December 9, 2016
Adjudication will take place Tuesday, December 20, 2016.