Recent Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Study Permit regulations to consider:
- All applications must include the University of Alberta Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number. University of Alberta DLI #: O19257171832. Note: The first character in the DLI number is the letter 'O', not the digit/number zero '0'.
- if your study permit expires and you have not applied for a new one, you will be able to restore it only if you met the conditions of your study permit.
- if you do not comply with the conditions of your study permit, you may be asked to leave Canada and must not return for a year without written permission.
- your study permit will become invalid 90 days after you complete your studies (even before your study permit expiry date) or on the expiry date of your study permit.
You can renew your study permit online with the following supporting documents:
- Proof of current enrollment (available from Bear Tracks)
- Graduate students need an additional document from FGSR confirming your expected completion date
- Proof of funds available/means of support
The application fee is $150 CDN and must be paid when applying by credit card.
It is important to apply as early as possible since the processing time may take a few months. You can check the current estimate of processing times online.