International Student Services (ISS)

Work Permit

As an international student,  if you plan to work while you study, you do not need to apply for a work permit, to work in Canada.

However, it is very important to inform the immigration officer at Canada's border, of your intent to work while you study, so they can mark your study permit with "May accept employment" or "May work".

Learn more about working in Canada.