How can I travel from the airport to campus?
There are several options to get to campus from Edmonton International Airport.
Taxis charged a metered rate of approximately $45 to $55 to get to campus. Find out more about the airport taxi service from Edmonton International Airport.
Skyshuttle Airport Service
Sky Shuttle provides bus service between the airport and various locations and major hotels in Edmonton. A one-way fare is $18 and service operates at 30-45-minute intervals between 7:00 am to 1:00 am. Travel time to campus is 30 minutes.
New students registered for Transitions Orientation qualify for FREE Skyshuttle service to campus!
- You can purchase tickets at the Skyshuttle kiosk, located in the lower level (Arrivals) by door #7.
- When you purchase a ticket, tell the Skyshuttle staff where you will be staying. The staff will then advise you of the nearest stop. The Skyshuttle will not stop unless a location is requested, so make sure you inform them where you need to be let off.
- Ask for the Campus Tower Suite Hotel if you are staying on campus
- Ask for Varscona Hotel if you are staying at Hostelling International (3 minute walk to the hostel)
- The service stops directly at the Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
- If you are going to be living in Michener Park and have made arrangements to move in immediately upon arrival, take the Sky Shuttle to the Delta Edmonton South Hotel and then take a taxi ($11-$13) to Michener Park, located at 51 Avenue and 122 Street.
ETS Route 747 + LRT (Subway)
ETS Route 747 provides one-way bus service between Edmonton International Airport and Century Park Transit Centre in Edmonton. From there, you can take the LRT (subway) to campus.
- runs 7 days a week from 4:10am - 12:30am
- one-way trip: $5 cash paid to driver
- free on-board Wi-Fi internet access.
- Once you arrive at the Century Park Transit Centre by bus, head west toward the Century Park LRT (subway) station. From there, you can purchase an ETS ticket for $3.25 at the Fare Vending Machine, this ticket will be valid for the next 90 minutes. Hold on to it when entering LRT “Proof of Payment area”.
- Once the ticket is validated, board the train heading to Clareview or NAIT.
- If you will be staying in Lister, exit off at the Health Sciences/Jubilee station, and walk west on 87 Avenue towards the Butterdome which is a large yellow building to get to your residence.
- If you will be staying in HUB Residence, I-House, East Campus Village, or the Graduate Residence, exit off at the underground University LRT station.
Visit the ISC (International Services Centre)
Soon after your arrival, be sure to visit the International Services Centre.
We will provide you with maps, information about International Student Orientation, and assist you to register for Alberta Health Care Insurance, or confirm registration in the University of Alberta Health Insurance Plan (UAHIP).