The Education Abroad Individual Award
The Education Abroad Individual Award is designed to help make your international learning experience more affordable!
Total value of the award will be based on the duration of the program, for up to 8 months. The total award granted will be calculated using the following per-student formula.
- $750 for Month 1
- $500 per month for Months 2 and 3 (if applicable)
- $400 per month for Months 4 through 8 (if applicable)
Programs going for an extra half month will receive a pro-rated amount (e.g. a one and a half month program will receive $750 and $250 for the additional half month for a total of $1,000)
Note: If you are nominated for a University of Alberta International award for the same program or the same semester(s), you will not be eligible to apply for this award.
Tips towards a successful application:
- Research the institutions you're looking at thoroughly, see how the programs relate to your own degree. Check the Program Finder on our website:
- Keep your writing professional and check your spelling (it will be considered), academics will be looking at your application.
- Look at the long-term benefits of the program, for your degree and your post-University career.
- Think about how you are representing the University’s vision abroad. Hint: take a look at the University’s Strategic Plan.
The following programs have received the Education Abroad Group Award for the 2020/21 academic year and are not eligible for Individual Award funding:
Education - EDFX 425/450 (Winter 2021)
Additionally, students who are receiving a CLIC Travel Grant or QES-Student Leadership for Change funding are not eligible to apply for the Individual Award.