City: Jinan Country: China
Shandong University Website
What Shandong has to offer:
- One of the oldest, largest, and most prestigious universities in China
- An abundance of scientific research facilities, a strong teaching staff, and favorable studying environment
- One of the largest ranges of academic disciplines in China; including philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, military science, management and arts
- A vibrant international student culture - with over 1,500 international yearly visiting students
- Located at the perfect starting point for exploring the many historical and commercial sites of Shandong province; including the dynamic city of Qingdao and Mount Tai, a center of Taoist worship for over 3,000 years
- Situated in one of the most auspicious areas in Chinese culture - it is the birthplace of the great thinker, Confucius!
Students who are Canadian citizens applying for this program are encouraged to apply for funding through the Canada Learning Initiative in China (CLIC) program.
Students applying for this exchange who are not Canadian citizens have other funding options open to them.
Why don't you combine your participation in this exchange with participation in an internship as well? We could send you on a TusStar Internship or an IWE internship in Hong Kong before or after your exchange. If you are interested in going out on two programs please contact Michal Guzowski at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
When Can I Go?
Terms Offered: Fall, Winter, Full Year
Semester 1: September – January
Semester 2: February – July
Open to: All Faculties
Level: Undergraduate, Graduate
Language of Instruction: Chinese, English
Students wishing to take courses taught in Chinese will need at least a level of HSK 4 in Chinese language skills.
Field of Study: All but Medicine and Dentistry
Shandong University Course Information
Shandong University Credit Information
Shandong University Accommodation
University of Alberta International, Education Abroad
Credit Transfer History