City: Shanghai Country: China
Shanghai Jiao Tong University Website
Students interested in an exchange to Shanghai Jiao Tong University are also able to do so, with funding support provided, through the CLIC program.
What Shanghai Jiao Tong University has to offer:
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University offers more than 300 undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- It is both a Project 985 and a Project 211 university, which classifies the institution as a prestigious, research-intensive university.
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University also belongs to the C9 League, the alliance of nine elite universities in mainland China analogous to the Ivy League.
- Among its numerous research institutes and centres are the National Engineering Research Centre for Nanotechnology and the National Centre for Systems Biomedicine.
- On campus recreational opportunities include aquatics, various sports and clubs like the Friends of Green, Table Tennis Association, Calligraphy and Character-carving Society, Hip-hop Dance Club, SJTU Tea Art Salon and Science Fiction Society.
- Shanghai is renowned for its Lujiazui skyline, historic buildings and numerous museums.
Students who are Canadian citizens applying for this exchange are encouraged to apply for funding through the Canada Learning Initiative in China (CLIC) program.
Students applying for this exchange who are not Canadian citizens have other funding options open to them.
Why don't you combine your participation in this exchange with participation in an internship as well? We could send you on a TusStar Internship or an IWE internship in Hong Kong before or after your exchange. If you are interested in going out on two programs please contact Michal Guzowski at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
When Can I Go?
Terms Offered: Fall, Winter, Full Year
Semester 1: September – January
Semester 2: February – July
Open to: All Faculties
Level: Undergraduate, Graduate
A current and cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required to be considered for this exchange.
Shanghai Jiao Tong University reserves exchange opportunities for students who are not from China and includes students from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan in this exclusion.
Language of Instruction: English, Chinese
Field of Study: All. Please note that School of Medicine and MBA/IMBA/EMBA/MIB programs of Antai College are not open to visiting exchange students.
Shanghai Jiao Tong University Credit Information
Shanghai Jiao Tong University Course Information
Shanghai Jiao Tong University Accommodation
University of Alberta International, Education Abroad