City: Washington, DC Country: United States
The Washington Center for Internships & Academic Seminars - Internship Website
What the Program has to offer:
- The Washington Center (TWC) for Internships and Academic Seminars has provided selected students challenging opportunities to work and learn in Washington, D.C. for over 40 years.
- TWC offers an extensive internship program, tailored to the interests of each student and for which students receive academic credit.
- Scholarships in the amount of $8,250 USD are available to select Alberta residents (available until Winter 2019).
- A wide selection of academic courses and lectures facilitated by national and international leaders are offered, as well as small group meetings on public policy issues, site visits, embassy visits, workshops and other activities.
The program, including internship options, is suitable for a wide range of majors encompassing the following interest areas: International Affairs; Politics and Public Policy; Media and Communications; Arts and Humanities; Legal Affairs; and Science, Technology and Society.
When Can I Go?
Terms Offered: Fall, Summer
Duration: Students participate in a 10 week spring/summer program, a 15 week fall program, or a 15 week winter program.
View specific program dates here.
Open to: All Faculties
Level: Undergraduate, Graduate
- Have a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (or B) on all post-secondary work (some exceptions apply, please inquire if lower than 3.0)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.2 (B+) in the most recently completed term prior to application deadline
- Have completed 30 credits in their current program at time of application
Language of Instruction: English
Full more details, you can visit the following sites:
Fees & Costs
For more information about the costs, email the program contact for more comprehensive information.
Funding is available through a scholarship offered by TWC and the Alberta Ministry of Advanced Education to support qualified students participating in either the 15-week Fall/Spring or 10-week Summer internships. The use of TWC housing is required to receive funding.
Award Amount: $8,250 USD
Students will be housed have the option to use TWC apartment-style residences in the NOMA district of Washington, D.C., near Union Station and Capitol Hill. Housing is conveniently located near public transportation and grocery stores.
Brendan Cavanagh, International Internship Coordinator (Outbound)