City: Mexico City Country: Mexico
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Mexico Website
What UNAM has to offer:
- Founded in 1551, it is the oldest university in North America!
- Has a variety of academic disciplines; including Mathematics, Engineering, Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Arts
- Houses many of Mexico's premiere research institutions
- Is at the forefront of technological innovation, with the inclusion of Genomic Sciences, Mechatronic Engineering, Environmental Sciences, and Nanotechnologies
- Its main campus is a World Heritage site that was designed by some of Mexico's best-known architects of the 20th century. Murals in the main campus were painted by some of the most recognized artists in Mexican history, such as Diego Rivera and David Alfaro Siqueros.
Check out this video from UNAM!
When Can I Go?
Terms Offered: Fall, Winter, Full Year
Semester 1: August – December
Semester 2: January – June
Open to: Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, Biological Sciences, Health, Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts
Please be sure to cross-reference the area(s) in which you'd like to study with the list of special requirements that are different for every school and faculty at UNAM.
Language of Instruction: Spanish (Advanced B2 level required), some English
Field of Study: All but not some areas in Medicine and Veterinary Medicine.
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Mexico Course Information
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Mexico Credit Information
Every year UNAM offers courses in English that are open to exchange students (through the link just provided, scroll to the bottom of the page to the section called, "Courses taught in English"). The list stays the same for the most part. If you'd like to ensure specific courses will be offered when you'd like to go to UNAM on exchange, contact Exchange Programs Coordinator Michal Guzowski (email@example.com) to inquire. Please be sure to cross-reference the courses you'd like to take with the list of special requirements that are different for every school and faculty at UNAM.
Matters relating to intellectual property shall be determined in accordance with Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Mexico's internal policies in effect at the time the intellectual property is produced.
UNAM does not offer accommodation facilities. Students are expected to make their own accommodation arrangements but UNAM provides options and advice through the CEPE website.
University of Alberta International, Education Abroad