City: Washington, D.C. Country: United States
The Smithsonian Institute - Alberta Smithsonian Internship Program (ASIP) Website
What the Program has to offer:
- It invites ten Albertans each year to participate in an internship with the esteemed Smithsonian Institution, the world's largest consortium of museums located in Washington, D.C.
- Work with Smithsonian scholars, scientists, researchers, and educators either in Washington, D.C., or at some of the other Smithsonian sites around the world
- Assist with research and help produce world-class programs and exhibits, learn from experts in the fields, make an impact and develop personally and professionally
When Can I Go?
Terms Offered:Summer, Fall
Open to: All Faculties
Level: Undergraduate, Graduate
1. Residency Requirements
To be eligible to receive funding for this grant program, a student must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Have completed at least two semesters of, as well as be currently registered in and attending, a full-time equivalent in a diploma, baccalaureate, master’s or doctoral program (“Eligible Program”) at an eligible Alberta post-secondary institution
- Be a resident of Alberta, defined for the purposes of this grant program as any one of the following:
- born in Alberta;
- graduated from a high school in Alberta;
- graduated from an Eligible Program at an Alberta post-secondary institution;
- lived in Alberta for 12 consecutive months.
2. Academic Requirements
An applicant must:
- Be currently registered in an approved Doctoral, Master’s, Bachelor’s or an Applied Degree Program at an eligible post-secondary institution in Alberta
- Have completed at least 60 credits (or equivalent) in a full time academic program (or equivalent) at an eligible post-secondary institution in Alberta
- have a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (or B) on all post-secondary work
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.2 (B+) in the most recently completed term prior to application deadline
Language of Instruction: English
Full full details visit: The Smithsonian Institute - Alberta Smithsonian Internship Program (ASIP) Website
Fees & Costs
General fees and costs.
Email Program Contact for more comprehensive information.
Ciara Murrin, International Internship Coordinator (Outbound)