International Projects (IP): Building Capacity & Developing Human Capital
UAlberta is on the forefront of future-focused research and education and is committed to understanding the complexities of our world. Working with the International Projects (IP) team will allow an organization to build capacity by engaging in distinctive partnerships with Alberta’s world-class experts.
IP will foster mutually beneficial international partnerships and collaborations by sharing UAlberta’s extensive teaching and research expertise with the global community.
Focus on Capacity Building:
Relationships are important to us. We build each capacity project with your needs at the centre.
- Unique challenges
and clear goal to achieve
- Eagerness for human
- Co-design solutions
University of Alberta International
- International reputation
- Implement practical solutions
- Consultancy approach
- Diverse range of expertise in
research and teaching
YIELDS Enhanced Client Capacity
- Follow-up supports as needed
- Post program evaluation
- Connections to Alberta’s strategic
partners for long-term support
What is your need?
After conversations with an IP personal advisor to understand your needs, we will co-design a capacity-building solution that will meet your short or long-term needs. Solutions can be delivered in your home country, in Canada, online or through a blended approach of both. English language supports and cultural sensitivity are taken into consideration.
Short Term (a few days to a few weeks)
Long Term (a few months to many years)
- Longer term courses/ certificates for professionals
- International development projects
- Project design/management
Learn more about UAlberta's advantages; including our international reputation; teaching excellence; research and innovation; linkages to government and industry; and our approach.
Experience can be leveraged from UAlberta's 18 faculties, centres, and institutes.
Examples of Success
Professional development short courses delivered around the world:
- Energy & the environment courses delivered in Perú, Bolivia, Colombia, and Ecuador
- Energy regulation courses delivered in Edmonton, Canada for Mongolian public sector administrators
- Sports management courses delivered in Bolivia for the Bolivian Ministry of Sport
Capacity building projects:
- Five-year project with Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México funded by SENER (government agency) to build capacity in the extractive resources sector
- Five-year project funded by Global Affairs Canada to build capacity in the Pacific Alliance countries (Chile, Colombia, México, Perú) in the extractive sector
- Two-and-a-half year project with the Omani Ministry of Education for training of primary school math and science teachers
- Customizable leadership program for education sectors focused on theoretical knowledge, complemented with practical application in a global context.
- There are over 700 Chinese university administrators from over 300 universities who have graduated from this program
With such a broad range of academic faculties and fields of study, our campus life is an incredible mix of personalities, backgrounds and passions. Visit Campus Life to get a flavour of life at UAlberta.