The Senior Research Fellowship Program aims to enable and facilitate cooperation in research and education between the RWTH Aachen and the University of Alberta.
Who can apply?
Postdoctoral fellows and professors from the University of Alberta
Scholarship Amount and Funding Period
- Minimum of 14 days up to one month (exceptions possible according to prior agreement)
- Up to 2,500 Euro (approximately 3,800 CAD) per month
- Single parents, people with chronical illness, and people with a disability may receive additional funding
Purpose of the Fellowship
- Conduct joint research projects
- Present your research at RWTH Aachen
- Prepare a joint publication and/or a third party funding application
- Teach a class or hold seminars at RWTH Aachen
- Stimulate further cooperation between RWTH and UAlberta
- Strategic value for the partnership between RWTH and University of Alberta regarding future joint projects, for example joint supervision of thesis, joint research & publications, applications for third party funding, teaching, subsequent visits and exchange of students
Application Documents in English
- CV with contact information (home address, E-Mail, date of birth)
- List of recent publications
- Statement of purpose with reference to the research project, duration of the stay and expected outcome – see “purpose of the fellowship” and “selection criteria”
- Time schedule with exact days and itinerary (as planned, if pending)
- Invitation letter from host university: reference to the research project and duration of the stay, expected outcome and future perspectives of cooperation
Please send your complete application documents as one pdf-file to Mr. Rene Seyfarth at email@example.com (Coordinator, Strategic partnerships; RWTH Aachen International Office) and copy to Dr. Alex Kuznetsov at firstname.lastname@example.org (Regional manager (Europe, Middle East, and Africa), UAlberta International) before the deadline.
Note on Public Health Situation
Due to the public health situation please plan your travel and research stay in accordance with the current UAlberta travel directive.