Attend the MINT Master’s Degree Program in a Part-Time Format
- Term 1 (Fall) – MINT 700 and 702
- Term 2 (Winter) – MINT 704 and 706
- Term 3 (Spring) – MINT 708
- Term 4 (Fall) – Two MINT options
- Term 5 (Winter) – MINT 709 plus one MINT option
Attend the MINT Master’s Degree Program in a Full-Time Format
Students often inquire about the possibility of full-time status at the University of Alberta, either for employment, student loan or visa purposes. Please note that most students attend full time
To qualify for full-time attendance, students must be enrolled in three courses per term. A typical schedule would look like this:
- Term 1 (Fall) – MINT 700, MINT 702, and MINT 708
- Term 2 (Winter) – MINT 704, MINT 706, and MINT 720**
- Term 3 (Fall) – One MINT option, plus MINT 709 (capstone project*)
- Term 4 (Winter) – One MINT option – It is Ok to be part-time in your last term/semester.
*Please also note that MINT 709 has the weight of two regular courses. Approval of the project proposal is required before you are allowed to register in this course.
**Please note If you do not want to take MINT 720 you can choose an extra course outside of the MINT program to qualify for full-time status. The course grade will be included in the calculation of your GPA and will appear on your final transcript. However it cannot count as part of your 30 units/credits for the MINT program. For more details please see the U of A Calendar
This course must be approved by the Department of Internetworking. If you are an international student a differential fee will apply for this non MINT course. For more details regarding fees, please see the U of A calendar.
Please note that any extra courses taken (outside MINT) to qualify for full-time status will be included in the calculation of your GPA and will appear on your final transcript.
Whether part-time or full-time suits your situation and interests, attending the MINT accredited graduate degree program at the University of Alberta, a top-ranked Canadian university, will take your career to a new level and allow you to reap professional and financial rewards.