The Institute for Sexual Minority Studies and Services (iSMSS) works to create a society where all queer and trans people are free of discrimination. Through our education programs, research, policy development, advocacy, and community services, we strive to:
- Empower the 2SLGBTQ+ community to thrive.
- Build leaders, particularly among youth.
- Build public awareness and allyship.
- Advance sexual and gender diversity studies to the forefront.
- Create hope.
We are unique in that we utilize research to inform our services, and our services drive the direction of our research.
- All queer and trans people deserve to be free of discrimination.
- Through nurturance and resiliency practices, all 2SLGBTQ+ people have potential to thrive.
- In the continued pursuit of knowledge as a tool to empower and build capacity.
- In grounding our practices in evidence-based research.
- We cannot achieve our goals alone but through collaboration