iSMSS offers evidence-informed presentations and individualized case consultations for K-12 schools, government, non-profit, and community-based agencies who would like to build their professional capacity to effectively support the health, mental health, education, safety, and socialization needs of sexual and gender minority children, youth, and families. All sessions are research-based and customized to your specific context and needs.
We offer Professional Development in many forms, and through a variety of programs.
- Our program formerly known as "Safe Spaces" is currently undergoing some major changes, but is still offering PD opportunities. We offer workshops primarily to offices, individuals, and others involved with the University of Alberta, but are also happy to offer our programming to community groups that have found gaps in knowledge related to 2SLGBTQ+ folks, and the unique issues that affect these groups. To book a workshop discussing the ways we can work to end homophobia and transphobia in our daily interactions, and in the workplace you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Family Resiliency Project offers opportunities for community groups, and caring professionals (doctors, social workers, etc) to better understand the obstacles that face their clients who identify as 2SLGBTQ+. To book with them you can call 780-492-5205 (ask for the “Family Resilience Project”) you can also email email@example.com
- Alberta GSA Network Professional Development for teachers and community leaders across Alberta around the legal side of organizing GSA's and rights of LGBTQ2S+ students. Contact the GSA Coordinators directly (albertaGSAnetwork@gmail.com) to discuss, or book a presentation.
- Our upcoming program "Where the Rivers Meet" will be offering Professional Development services teaching about Indigeneity and 2SLGBTQ+ issues to community groups, leaders, and schools. For bookings and other inquiries you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
For any other questions or concerns please contact us.
iSMSS is happy to offer free workshops in the form of video conferencing through Google Meet and Zoom. We are able to offer distance learning keeping in line with the healthy practices of social isolation.
Our presentations will cover a variety of different and interesting topics focused on 2SLGBTQ+ topics through. The workshops are open to everyone who is interested in learning more about 2SLGBTQ+ inclusion, education, terminology and more!
iSMSS offers professional development sessions and topics that touch on the following topics:
- 2SLGBTQ+ Terminology
- Pronouns and best practices for the workplace
- The differences between sex assigned at birth, gender identity, and attraction
- Allyship Skills and Strategies
Are there topics you want to learn more about? We want to hear from you. To learn more about specific workshops for your organization, online sessions or suggest a workshop topic, contact email@example.com.
Where the Rivers Meet workshops focus on the following topics:
- Two Spirit
- Indigenous Sexualities
To learn more about specific workshops for your organization, online sessions or suggest a workshop topic, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.