Forms, Waivers, and Belay Tests
- All users must complete a waiver form before entering the facility. Users under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian sign an Informed Consent Form. Waivers and Consent Forms are valid for 1 year.
- To access the High Wall Loft, users must complete a Top Rope or Lead belay test. This applies to all climbers and belayers. Tests are subject to a non-refundable test fee:
- Top Rope and Lead access are valid for 1 year after passing the test.
U of A Student Access
- During the Fall and Winter semesters, all full-time U of A students automatically pay Athletics & Recreation Fees, and PAW Centre fees. These fees cover access to the Climbing Centre during drop-in hours. Rental equipment is not included.
- Students are required to check in at the front desk each time they drop in.
- Drop-in fees will apply during this time for all students not "opted in."***
- During Spring and Summer semesters, the Athletics & Recreation Fee and the PAW Fee are not automatically assessed, and students need to opt in to these fees using the following steps:
- Go to www.registrarsoffice.ualberta.ca
- Select "Non-Instructional Fees" from the "Fees" drop down menu
- Scroll down to the description of the Athletics and Recreation/PAW Fee; expand by clicking on the "+" button
- Click the "opt in" hyperlink and sign in with your CCID
- Check off the box for "Athletic and Recreation/PAW Fee", along with desired semesters
- Hit the "Send" button at the bottom of the page
Children at the Wilson Climbing Centre
- Anyone under the age of 13 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Adults who have passed a belay test can belay children under 13, but must get a partner check from someone else with Top Rope access or one of our Climbing Gym Instructors.
- Minimum age for belay checks:
- Top Rope: 13 years*
- Lead: 14 years*
*Exceptions may apply
Cost of Admission & Rentals
All prices include GST. Prices are subject to change without notice.
|Type of Pass
||*** Student Spring/Summer Rate
Rental Equipment for On-Site Use
$3 - 13 and under
$1.50 - 13 and under
Monday: 2:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Tuesday: 2:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Wednesday: 2:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Thursday: 2:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Friday: 2:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Saturday: noon – 6:00 pm
Sunday: noon – 6:00 pm
*Please note that the Wilson Climbing Centre is closed all statutory holidays and that certain portions of the facility may be closed for route setting, maintenance or events. Closures will be posted to this page.