Upon successful completion of the certificate, students will be able to:
1) Working knowledge of how to manage sport and recreation organizations effectively in the public, non-profit/voluntary and commercial sectors, including facility and event management.
2) Understanding of the role of the public sector (federal, provincial and municipal governments) as it pertains to recreation, health, wellness and amateur sport.
3) Financial analysis and management in recreation, sport and related industries.
4) Apply marketing and sponsorship skills in sport and recreation organizations, including promotions, public relations, consumer behavior, marketing, communications and branding.
5) Apply critical thinking and problem solving skills specific to sport, recreation and community services management issues.
6) Effective professional oral, written and visual communication skills in the context of a sport and recreation leadership role..
7) In-depth study of selected contemporary topics in sport and recreation, and how to develop and foster the rights and responsibilities of global citizenship within the sport, recreation and community services industries.