The Masters of Arts (MA) degree prepares students for a wide range of career possibilities in health, kinesiology, recreation and sport management.
Thesis and course-based Masters degrees are offered in this program. Both are student-centered and research-oriented, offering individualized programs of study. With the guidance of a supervisor, students choose courses based on their area of interest and goals. The thesis route places more focus on the development of research skills. Please note our graduate degrees are not offered via distance education at this time.
Our programs take advantage of our professors’ collaborative and interdisciplinary research activities. Students will have the opportunity to take courses and extend their academic and professional networks beyond those in our own faculty.
As a MA student you will:
- Foster your ability to do high quality, scientifically rigorous research in your discipline
- Expand your understanding of concepts, theories and practices in your discipline
- Receive the knowledge base and skills to analyze and evaluate programs, policies, environmental issues, and organizational structures related to applied health sciences
- Enhance your abilities to apply and disseminate new knowledge and practices to colleagues, practitioners, policy makers/analysts, and other professionals in applied health sciences
- Gain in-depth training, knowledge and research experience while also benefiting from the broad, cross-disciplinary approach in this program
MA Program Requirements