Visiting Students (non-exchange)

Students who wish to study in the Faculty of Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation at the University of Alberta from a non-exchange partner university may apply as visiting students and study for up to 2 semesters given certain conditions are met.

Before initiating your application we would ask you to please consider the following questions:
  1. What year of undergraduate studies are you currently enrolled?
  2. What is your major/minor at your home university?
  3. Have you taken any English proficiency exams (i.e. TOEFL, IELTS) to demonstrate English Language Proficiency? If so, what is your highest achieved score within the last 5 years?
  4. How many semesters (1 or 2) do you plan on studying at the University of Alberta? 

Note: We would ask all international visiting students to submit their most recent Official Transcript(s) in English.

If you are deemed eligible to study at University of Alberta, you would then be able to choose from a range of courses (given that you meet the University of Alberta "prerequisite" requirements) in the following subjects (course code):

  1. Physical Education and Sport (PEDS)
  2. Physical Education, Recreation and Leisure Studies (PERLS)
  3. Recreation and Leisure Studies (RLS). 
  4. Health Education (HE ED)

For more information on how to apply, please visit here.

For an estimate of your tuition & fees as an international student, please visit here.

Living expenses in Edmonton is typically between $1000-1500 CAD per month (including rent, food, and other miscellaneous expenses) for an average student.