Are you pregnant with twins?
The Program for Pregnancy and Postpartum Health (exerciseandpregnancy.ca) at the University of Alberta is looking for women who are pregnant with twins.
This research study is looking at how a woman’s heart and blood vessels change during twin pregnancy. Also, the study aims to develop our understanding of physical activity in women with twin pregnancies.
Women should be:
- Pregnant with two babies;
- Over the age of 18;
- Local to Edmonton and surrounding area (as the study takes place on the University of Alberta North campus).
The researchers are in the Faculty of Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation at the University of Alberta. Dr. Victoria Meah is a Postdoctoral Fellow working with Dr. Margie Davenport and Dr. Craig Steinback.
If you are interested, or know someone who would qualify, please call or email Vicky:
Study ID: Pro00080679
Do you have Type 2 Diabetes?
The Physical Activity and Diabetes Lab at the University of Alberta are looking for participants with type 2 diabetes who are:
- between the ages of 30 and 75 years
- local to Edmonton and surrounding area (as the study takes place on the University of Alberta campus)
- not using insulin injections to manage blood sugars
- able to walk 50 minutes on a treadmill
- interested in walking before or after breakfast three (3) times per week for 16 weeks
This study is looking at the effects of regular exercise on blood sugars and liver fat by MRI scan for type 2 diabetics.
The researchers are in the Faculty of Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation at the University of Alberta. Jordan Rees is a PhD student working under Dr. Normand Boulé, both of whom are involved with the study.
If you are interested, or know someone who would qualify, please call or email Jordan Rees:
Study ID: Pro00088195