The Kule Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS) at the University of Alberta together with the College of Arts and Science at the University of Saskatchewan announce a joint research team building grant opportunity for teams at both UAlberta and USask. This opportunity is designed to encourage the formation of research teams spanning both universities.
Deadline: September 30th, 2019
Value: $10,000 ($5,000 at UAlberta and $5,000 at USask) for a period of up to 18 months.
Applications should include:
- Title and discussion of the research focus (150 word maximum).
- The names of the UAlberta PI and the USask PI.
- Names of team members at the two universities and a brief discussion of how their expertise advances the work of the team.
- Discussion of research objectives, activities that will be undertaken, and outcomes (2 page maximum).
- Brief budget that is directly connected to research plans.
Applications to be successful should:
- Include a team of full-time faculty at both the UAlberta and the USask. The purpose of this opportunity is to encourage ongoing collaboration between researchers at our two universities.
- Include at least one face-to-face meeting at the UAlberta and/or the USask.
- Be for research of national or international significance.
- Be in an area of research in the Social Sciences, Humanities, or Fine Arts.
Applications will be adjudicated by a Joint Research Committee and only one team will be supported per year.
How to apply: Applications are due Monday, September 30th, 2019 and can be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Note to UAlberta PIs: Please complete and attach RSO's 'Proposal Request' with the proposal. The 'Proposal Request' is created and submitted via the Researcher Home Page. Instructions can be found in the Quick Reference Guide - Request for New Application/Proposal/Project NEW: with Online Approvals. The 'Proposal Request' submitted to KIAS must show proof of online approval of the Department Chair and the Faculty Dean. Please check with your Research Facilitator to make sure you also follow RSO’s internal review deadline.