The LMP Department Summer Studentship Stipend provides funding to excellent undergraduate student currently enrolled at a Canada’s post-secondary institutions to support a clinical or basic science laboratory research projects at the University of Alberta during the summer months (May to August). The aim of this stipend is to attract and encourage students to consider careers in research, as well as to foster research in the Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology. The Stipend is in the amount of $ 1500/month, paid directly to the student in monthly installments over the term of the award (2-4 months, between May and August) or to the student supervisor as operating funds (up to $ 3000) to support the costs of a student research project.
LMP Summer Studentship Stipend is funded by the Department of Laboratory Medicine
and Pathology Research Fund, governed by the LMP Research Committee.
2019 Stipend Recipients
- Ruqaya Jasim (supervisor: Dr. Ben Adam)
- Teresa Kumblathan (supervisor: Dr. Xing-Fang Li)
- Regina Mendoza (supervisor: Dr. Andrei Drabovich)
2018 Stipend Recipients
2017 Stipend Recipients
- Ms. Christine Austerman (supervisor: Dr. Jason Acker)
- Ms. Teresa Kumblathan (supervisor: Dr. Xing-Fang Li)
- Mr. Jonas Szelewski (supervisor: Dr. Linda Chui)
- Ms. Adesewa Adeleye (supervisor: Dr. Carmen Charlton)
- Mr. Johith Jacob (supervisor: Dr. Tanis Dingle)
- Ms. Christina Paterson (supervisor: Dr. Patricia Campbell)
- Ms. Gina Sykes (supervisor: Dr. Luis Hidalgo)