1. Former ICU nurse heads to Supreme Court clerkship after excelling under pressures of law school, motherhood
How law grad Gina Murray’s calmness in stressful situations helped her earn a coveted clerkship with the Supreme Court of Canada. Read More.
2. Taylor Thiesen wins 2019 Horace Harvey Medal in Law
Taylor Thiesen is the recipient of the Horace Harvey Medal in Law (known informally as the Faculty’s gold medal), which is awarded to the student graduating with a Juris Doctor degree who achieved the highest grades throughout all three years of law school. Read More
3. Bernadette McMechan wins Law Society of Alberta President’s Award l Former teacher sought better understanding of society by studying law
At 35, teacher Bernadette McMechan, JD ‘19, decided to head back to school and chose the University of Alberta’s Faculty of Law. Read More
4. Top tax lawyer’s extensive service supports diverse array of communities l Alumnus Carman McNary, QC, receives honorary degree
McNary, ‘78 BA, ‘81 LLB, received an honorary doctor of laws degree from the University of Alberta on June 5, for a lifetime of professional and volunteer service that is profoundly varied, meaningful and inspiring. Read more.
5. Law Student At Leading Edge of Innovation l Alec McIlwraith-Black focuses on technology and the law
With clubs, teams, competitions and volunteering, law students typically juggle many different things beyond the classroom — but only a few students increase their engagement to extraordinary levels. Alec McIlwraith-Black, ‘20 JD, is one of those students. Read More.